Thursday, January 05, 2006

More snow...

It has snowed every single day I've been here. That's extrordinary.

Yesterday was skiing as normal, but today was out of control. We did a course called "The White Room", where you learn about avalache survival, how to use a homing beacon and how to ski some of the most outrageous powder in the universe. Not exaggerating (which wouldn't be like me at all), the snow would flip over your head as you turn. Shoulder deep in some places, bottomless powder - it was just like in those skiing videos. I swear, I'll never ski snow this good again, just utterly amazing. You have to take all the lifts to the top, then take off your skis and walk to the summit, where we got blue skies for the first time since we arrived. The view was astounding. Best skiing, best snow ever. So pumped (as you can probably tell).

Last day skiing tomorrow and then I head back, so should be back on Sunday morning. I hope someone's prepared the parade and the stippers. (Male and fat Juzz, my favourite...)

Peace out OGs...

No comments: