Thursday, January 19, 2006

Back from Nooooooooosa

I have left Noosa this morning with the first day of rain, only to land back in Sydney to more intense rain. Woo.

Having gotten back from Niseko almost 2 weeks ago, I spent the first week catching up with people and doing bugger all. Good times. On Sunday 15th, flew up to Maroochydore and from there to our trusty room in Seahaven (been coming almost 25 years with only 1 or 2 omissions). Happy days in the sun, out in the surf and burning through my Chrissie books.

Highlights definitely go to jetskiing through the mouth of the Noosa river and into the surf. Reasonable swell and 70km/h top speeds make for massive jumps, HUGE stacks and general lunacy. Hitting the waves for about half an hour, it was time to come in. As I followed the guide, I blipped the throttle off one wave to flatten my landing (we were moving with the waves meaning a 3 foot drop over the broken wave wash). However, did not see the next smaller wave right in front of me and ended up submerging me and the jet ski about half a metre below the surface. Needless to say, looked like an extra from Waterworld and was very impressed with myself.

Otherwise nothing else to report, and waiting for drinks on Saturday at mine. Hopefully I can get a couple of photos to post.

No comments: