Monday, January 08, 2007

The Silly Season

It seems this post is a little late, but I thought that seeing as I'm heading overseas very shortly I should dust off the blog like times of old.
Having finished exams in early November, I've finally put five years of university behind me. Exam results locked in and its on to bigger and better things. That involves working at advertising agency The Topia Project as a creative - simply the most fun you can get paid to have. But that is all generalities...
This Christmas has been fantastic. With the knowledge of impending employment slavery, I think it has spurred me to play much harder. Backing up every night (bar one - conveniently the day Paris Hilton was drinking at the local) for seven nights was certainly a record for me. But so many good times and better photos have obviously made it worth it.
This year I took on the responsibility of the New Years gathering - which definitely did not pan out how I expected. A fair amount of preparation led to a fantastic night; a lot of people from all different groups meant that everyone could meet new people. By 1am, the night was getting pretty heavy, but everyone was still having a ball. Unfortunately, conservative neighbours made a call to local PD and the volume was turned down (who makes a call like that on NYE!?) But the night kept on for at least a couple of hours while people struggled to evacuate the east - quite an experience but a rad night nonetheless.
The next morning was pretty painful - up at 8:30 to get the cleaning done, the hangover was certainly making its presence felt. Other than that, it's been pretty quiet. Couple of nights out, including taking a family friend from London (cheers Tommy) to Vegas and oggling the subaquatic dancers. Also back at work for this week before I leave next Tuesday - a shocking call, it was ridiculously hard to go back after 3 weeks of shutdown; how on earth am I going to go back after 2 months?!?

I know I'm a little rusty, and this is being done late at night and in bed, but I need to get back into it for my trip. There should be many more to come soon enough...

No comments: