Sunday, February 05, 2006

A long Saturday night...


Juzz, Hels, JD and I
Originally uploaded by WilliamJBurroughs.
Nothing much has been happening event-wise since the BDO - I've been slogging through my pretty shitty AWARD application though I'm not too confident at this point.

However, Friday night was a bit of a rager. Marcus dragged me to the soccer (read: football) which turned out to be a fantastic game. Drizzle marred proceedings somewhat, but Sydney had quite the nail-biter against Adelaide. On the way home, he decided that he wanted to trek to the city to scout out some potential he had his eye on. Turns out we arrived at the Retro Hotel, jamming out some of the best the 80s and early 90s could throw at us. Unfortunately, Marcus was ultimately unsuccessful (the girl managed to pull her two best friends instead - one guy, one girl) but when Juzz, Brad and JD arrived, the party lifted again. Hitting on photographers, building enormous glow bracelet/necklace chains, lying to get into bars (having lost ALL my memberships when they fell out of my wallet!) and being forced to finish at the Slip Inn. Tiring of that, we returned to my house and Juzz, Brad and I had a spontaneous D&M til 4...

Last night was also strange. Starting quite late, at about 10, we headed to Happy Daze (only Juzz can't fucking spell and we were told Happy Days - hence Bobyn and I in indentical jeans and leather jackets; we looked so straight on Oxford St in matching outfits!!) Couple of beverages and some damage on the dance floor, and I decided to move on to the Paddington Inn to meet up with Alec etc. More cheeky drinks and we were moving onto the Cross - Shivs, Scott and I decided that walking was in order but we found a keg to carry with us. I am the world's strongest man, carrying the keg above my head for the entire Cutler Walkway...
Just ended the night at Hampton, sat and drank til 5am... Highlight goes to Garvo, mashed off his brain, slowly carrying a whole tray of beers back (at 4:30am), only to celebrate this achievement by dropping them all... a very broken man indeed.

No comments: